Wooden Ships Comments on this Andrew Wolstenholme Motor Launch
Built in 2011 at the Lyme Regis Boatbuilding School by the previous owner who had completed their 38 week course.
The design is by Andrew Wolstenholme, originally planned for an electric engine but altered during build to take a small diesel.
The design is perfect for river and sheltered coastal exploration, with enough sheer and freeboard to take a bit of weather but small and light enough to make her easy to launch and recover.
Built from cold moulded double diagonal mahogany, she is rigid and light but also does not suffer from drying out and the consequential taking up issues. This makes her ideal for being dry stored ashore and launched when required.
The current owner has had a major professional overhaul and refit carried out in the last year which included repairs to the hull laminations and all new paint and varnish work using Awlgrip products.
A very pretty boat in extremely nice condition, fully equipped and ready to go.
Length on Deck 13’
- Cold moulded in double diagonal Khaya mahogany with epoxy glue.
- Recent repairs involved replacing some of the mahogany laminations. The hull was then faired and re-ainted using 2 pack paint systems and finished with Awlgrip 2000. Coppercoat antifoul below the waterline.
- Sawn wooden floors across the bilge. Bilge area painted out in epoxy paint.
- Sapele transom, varnished externally.
- Mahogany rubbing strakes, cover boards and coamings finished in Awlwood 2 pack varnish.
- Small fore and aft decks in straight laid Douglas fir over a plywood subdeck, varnished with AwlWood. Bronze mooring cleats and fairleads fore and aft.
- Sole boards of Douglas fir with mahogany margins.
- Fore and aft thwarts and bulkheads in sapele.
- Interior finshed in Deks olje D1.
- Transom hung mahogany rudder on bronze hangings. Rudder stripped and re-painted.
- Nanni twin cylinder 10hp fresh water cooled diesel installed new in 2011. Only approximately 30 hours run time since new. Fitted with exhaust temperature alarm
- Engine box lifts of completely to give all round access for maintenance.
- Single lever controls with a stainless shaft to a 3 blade bronze propeller.
- 25 litre plastic fuel tank under the foredeck.
- Single 12 volt battery in aft locker, charged from 40 amp engine alternator.
- Galvanised road trailer
- Tonneau cover with removable sections
- Nanni 10hp diesel
- 12 volt battery
- Fuel tank with filter
- Rudder and tiller
- Exhaust temperature alarm
- Garmin GPSMap 620
- Ensign and staff
- String of fenders each side
Wooden Ships classic yachts brokers have an extensive database of boats for sale. With a wide range of sailboats, classic yachts, motor yachts and small classic boats, Wooden Ships has one of the largest selections of traditional wooden boats and yachts for sale in the UK.
These particulars have been prepared in good faith from information provided by the Vendors and are intended as a guide, Wooden Ships cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. The Purchaser should instruct his agent or surveyor to validate all details as necessary and satisfy himself with the condition of the vessel and its equipment.