Beautiful 16’ clinker motor launch built by Nick Smith of Salcombe in 2015. Usual Nick Smith design which is inspired by the old Salcombe fishing boats with straight stem, elegant sheer and a sharp tuck to the bilge making them stiff and seaworthy boats.
The commissioning owner requested an alteration to the original design with raised topsides forward, a bulkhead and foredeck to offer and enclosed forward sleeping cabin. This is unusual on a boat of this size but makes her rather unique and special.
She would make a superb adventure boat for family exploration of rivers, estuaries and coasts, something a bit different to stand out from the crowd. She is in excellent condition having been used very little since new and is ready to tow away on her trailer and be used this summer.
- Clinker planked in Khaya mahogany all copper rivet fastened to steam bent oak timbers.
- Oak stem, keel and transom.
- Raised topsides forward to create more space under the foredeck.
- Foredeck and aft deck laid in mahogany glued to a marine plywood subdeck, seams payed with sikaflex.
- Bronze bollard cleats and fairleads.
- Transom hung rudder with bronze hangings.
- Marine plywood bulkhead to enclose the cabin with a mahogany sliding companion hatch and enamel painted marine plywood washboards.
- Slatted sole boards of solid timber finished in grey paint.
- Varnished mahogany thwarts either side and across the stern.
- Engine box in varnished mahogany
- Nanni Diesel 14hp twin cylinder diesel engine installed new in 2015. Very low hours.
- Stainless steel shaft with a 3 blade bronze propeller. Deep Sea Seal stern gland.
- Stainless steel fuel tank under the aft deck of 14 litres.
- Single 12 volt 60ah battery charged by the engine alternator.
- Large double V-berth under the foredeck with smart cushions.
- A comfortable cabin for nights away, an ideal camping boat.
- Galvanised road trailer
- NASA Marine Target 2 depth sounder
- Nanni diesel 10hp twin cylinder diesel
- Anchor, chain and warp
- 12 volt 60ah battery
- 12 litre fuel tank
- All over cockpit cover with vertical supports
- Boat hook
- 2 x paddles
- Auto electric bilge pump
- Manual bilge pump
- Throwing rescue line
- Collapsible bucket
- 6 x fenders
- Mooring warps
- Berth cushions
- Ensign and staff
Wooden Ships classic yachts brokers have an extensive database of boats for sale. With a wide range of sailboats, classic yachts, motor yachts and small classic boats, Wooden Ships has one of the largest selections of traditional wooden boats and yachts for sale in the UK.
These particulars have been prepared in good faith from information provided by the Vendors and are intended as a guide, Wooden Ships cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. The Purchaser should instruct his agent or surveyor to validate all details as necessary and satisfy himself with the condition of the vessel and its equipment.