Wooden Ships Comments on this 26′ Cabin Boat
Built by Charmans Boatyard of Bembridge in 1965, she would no doubt have been used around the Solent as a comfortable weekend boat.
A sturdy and safe motor yacht with a large aft cockpit, sheltered wheelhouse and simple accommodation forward giving a heads, galley and double berth. This is perfect for weekend excursions and nights away, with the new aft cockpit cover creating a large sheltered space aft when staying aboard.
She has a brand new Thorneycroft 60hp engine which has only done 40hrs running and has been professionally maintained this year with all new paint and varnish work.
Length on Deck 26’
- Clinker planked in 7/8″ mahogany all copper fastened to steam bent oak timbers.
- Internal ballast in the form of iron pigs.
- Yacht laid teak decks over a marine plywood sub deck. Narrow side decks with a generous aft and fore deck.
- Varnished teak toe rails and rubbing strakes all round.
- Very spacious open cockpit with laid teak sole. Engine box is varnished teak with a laid and scrubbed teak lid and a new cushion.
- Helm position to port with entrance hatch to the accommodation on the starboard side.
- Superstructure all in epoxy sheathed marine plywood. Coachroof forward giving plenty of headroom in the cabin. Large open backed wheelhouse with a long overhang on the roof for shelter.
- Varnished tea handrails fore and aft on the superstructure.
- Thorneycroft TK-60 4cyl 60hp diesel fitted recently with only about 40 hours running.
- Stainless shaft to a 3 blade centreline bronze propeller.
- 200l stainless fuel tank.
- 100l stainless water tank
- 75l stainless waste tank
- 3 x 12v batteries for engine starting and domestics.
- 2 berths.
- Standing headroom under the coachroof with a berth each side and heads compartment forward.
- Small galley area to port with sink.
- Jabsco sea toilet pumps directly overboard or into a waste tank.
- Simrad Go 9 chart plotter with fish finder and depth sounder
- Lowrance DSC VHF
- Navigation lights
- Manual bilge pump
- Auto electric bilge pump
- Engine space fire extinguisher
- 15kg CQR
- 10m of 8mm chain
- 20m of 12mm warp
- Mooring warps
- Swim ladder
- Aft cockpit cover, new in 2021
- Bunk and berth cushions, new in 2021
- Cockpit cushions new in 2021 for aft thwart and engine box
- Ensign and staff
- Manual sea toilet
- Galley sink
Wooden Ships classic yachts brokers have an extensive database of boats for sale. With a wide range of sailboats, classic yachts, motor yachts and small classic boats, Wooden Ships has one of the largest selections of traditional wooden boats and yachts for sale in the UK.
These particulars have been prepared in good faith from information provided by the Vendors and are intended as a guide, Wooden Ships cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. The Purchaser should instruct his agent or surveyor to validate all details as necessary and satisfy himself with the condition of the vessel and its equipment.