Wooden Ships Comments on this 19′ Roger Dongray Golant Gaffer
19’ Golant Gaffer built by the current owner to the well known Roger Dongray plans. The boat was completed in 2017 but sails and rig were not fitted until 2021.
The boat has only been used a few times, all on fresh water lakes and is presented in very smart condition.
She comes with a custom made Snipe road trailer that is fitted out for easy launch and retrieval on a slipway. The mast is deck stepped and can be raised by hand meaning this boat can be launched and sailed completely independent from boat yards and associated costs.
The Golant Gaffer is a popular design with traditional lines and rig, but built from modern wood/epoxy strip plank methods which make for a low maintenance and tough hull.
A nice example in nearly new condition and complete with an excellent road trailer.
Length on Deck 18’9”
Length Overall 23’
Length Waterline 17’9”
- Strip plank cedar hull using 16mm cedar planks bonded with epoxy glue.
- Frames bonded to the hull in laminated plywood at 600mm centres. All fastenings are stainless steel screws.
- Hull sheathed externally with 2 layers of epoxy glass cloth.
- External lead ballast keel of 750kg fastened with stainless steel keel bolts.
- Decks in marine plywood and sheathed externally in epoxy glass cloth. Varnished iroko toe rails and rubbing strakes.
- Large laminated ring frame under the mast with a compression post.
- Sliding companion hatch in varnished iroko.
- Transom hung iroko rudder with stainless steel hangings.
- Self draining cockpit with cockpit lockers either side.
- Gaff cutter rig on a deck stepped hollow douglas fir mast.
- Boom, gaff yard and bowsprit all varnished douglas fir.
- Stainless steel standing rigging, 3 years old. To external galvanised chain plates. Running backstays on 4:1 tackles.
- Roller furling system on staysail and jib.
- All running rigging leads aft to the cockpit through jamming cleats.
- Mainsail, staysail and jib new from Jeckells in 2021, all in excellent condition
- Yanmar 1GM10 9hp engine from 2016. Bought as a reconditioned unit from Marine Enterprises Ltd.
- Centreline fixed 3 blade bronze propeller gives 4 knots cruising speed.
- 25 litre plastic fuel tank in the cockpit locker.
- 1 x 12 volt battery charged from the 35 amp engine alternator.
- Auto electric bilge pump.
- 2 berths with sitting headroom.
- Step down over the engine box with 2 work surface areas either side. There is space here to fit a galley stove if required, currently she has no stove or sink.
- 2 settee berths in the main cabin.
- Passageway through the bulkhead into the forepeak where there is a porta Potti toilet and forehatch above.
- Forepeak has storage space and the anchor locker.
- Plastimo Contest steering compass
- NASA Marine Target 2 depth sounder
- Standard Horizon Eclipse GX1300E DSC VHF
- Garmin 12 handheld GPS
- 3 x lifejackets
- 2 x fire extinguishers
- 1 fire blanket
- 7kg plough anchor with 6m of chain + 25m of 12mm warp
- 6 fenders
- Mooring warps
- Mainsail Jeckells 152sqft 2021
- Staysail Jeckells 54sqft 2021
- Jib Jeckells 60sqft 2021
- Boom crutch
- Jamming cleats
- Bunk and berth cushions
- Porta Potti toilet
Wooden Ships classic yachts brokers have an extensive database of boats for sale. With a wide range of sailboats, classic yachts, motor yachts and small classic boats, Wooden Ships has one of the largest selections of traditional wooden boats and yachts for sale in the UK.
These particulars have been prepared in good faith from information provided by the Vendors and are intended as a guide, Wooden Ships cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. The Purchaser should instruct his agent or surveyor to validate all details as necessary and satisfy himself with the condition of the vessel and its equipment.