Wooden Ships Comments on this Heard Tosher 20
Heard Tosher 20 built by Gaffers and Luggers in Cornwall in 1994.
All GRP hull and decks with hardwood trim. All the appearance of a traditional boat with a very traditional design taken from one of the local Mevagissey Tosher working boats.
Built for the previous owner who kept the boat for nearly 28 years, using her for single handed and family sailing. These very attractive boats have a large and deep cockpit which makes them very safe for family sailing with plenty of space to move around within the boat. There is a small area under the foredeck, not large enough to sleep in but excellent for storage space.
The boat sits on an excellent galvanised road trailer that has never been in the water. The boat and trailer weigh 3.5 tons so are a legal tow, requiring a large vehicle such as a land Rover or similar. This ability to tow her on the road can make for cost effective sailing, enabling the boat to be taken home over the winter and avoid boat yard storage costs.
A very complete boat in excellent condition.
Length on Deck 20’
Length Overall 27’6”
- GRP hull with painted topsides using International Toplac.
- Integrated GRP deck moulded to the hull, finished with non-slip deck paint.
- Moulded GRP toe rail with varnished iroko capping rails.
- Varnished iroko cockpit coamings.
- Bronze deck fittings including fairleads and cleats.
- Encapsulated ballast keel using steel punchings.
- Marine plywood cockpit sole, sheathed and bonded to the hull with remoaveable hatches to access the bilges.
- Gaff cutter rig on a keel stepped pole mast.
- All spars are varnished Colombian pine, mast, boom, gaff yard and bowsprit.
- Stainless steel standing rigging to internal stainless eye bolt chain plates.
- No running backstays which simplifies short handed sailing.
- Roller furling system on staysail with a foil for ease of handling. Jib sets on a traveller to the end of the bowsprit.
- Sails from SKB Falmouth include mainsail, topsail, staysail and jib.
- Volvo 2010 twin cylinder 10hp diesel installed new in 1994.
- Fixed 3 blade bronze propeller gives 6.5 knots cruising speed.
- Stainless steel fuel tank under the foredeck of approximately 25 litres.
- 1 x 12 volt battery charged from the engine alternator.
- Double axle galvanised heavy duty road trailer in excellent condition
- Clipper depth sounder
- Navigation lights
- Auto electric bilge pump
- Manual bilge pump
- Mooring warps
- Danforth anchor with warp and chain
- CQR anchor
- Mainsail, topsail, staysail and jib in good condition
Wooden Ships classic yachts brokers have an extensive database of boats for sale. With a wide range of sailboats, classic yachts, motor yachts and small classic boats, Wooden Ships has one of the largest selections of traditional wooden boats and yachts for sale in the UK.
These particulars have been prepared in good faith from information provided by the Vendors and are intended as a guide, Wooden Ships cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. The Purchaser should instruct his agent or surveyor to validate all details as necessary and satisfy himself with the condition of the vessel and its equipment.