Wooden Ships Comments on this Moorman Bros Clinker Rowing Dinghy
Built by Isle of Wight boat builder Peter Moorman of Moorman Bros, Isle of Wight, in 1966. She was commissioned by and built for an uncle of the present owner, the original purchase invoice is still with the boat showing a total of £115 including extras of the side benches and the foredeck.
Designed as a stable and safe fishing dinghy for use around the Isle of Wight, she has always been kept and used on the island.
Kept undercover and launched when used, she seems to be in very nice condition and is a complete package with launching trolley, engine and cover.
Length on Deck 12’
- Clinker planked in mahogany all copper rivet fastened to steam bent oak timbers.
- Mahogany transom with oak stem, keel and stern post.
- Plywood foredeck with mahogany coamings at the aft end and a locker below.
- Oak inwhales with 2 rowing positions built into the gunwhales. Sawn mahogany quarter knees.
- Mahogany thwarts and side benches with sawn mahogany hanging knees.
- Painted plywood sole boards.
- Tohatsu 6hp 4 stroke long shaft outboard engine. New in 2020.
- 10 litre remote fuel tank.
- Galvanised launching trolley, new 2020
- 2 x spare wheels for trolley
- All over cover
- Pair of oars and rowlocks
- Tohatsu 6hp outboard engine, 2020
- 10 litre remote fuel tank
- Tiller extension
- Thwart cushions
- Sole boards
- Mooring warps
- Anchor with warp and chain
Wooden Ships classic yachts brokers have an extensive database of boats for sale. With a wide range of sailboats, classic yachts, motor yachts and small classic boats, Wooden Ships has one of the largest selections of traditional wooden boats and yachts for sale in the UK.
These particulars have been prepared in good faith from information provided by the Vendors and are intended as a guide, Wooden Ships cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. The Purchaser should instruct his agent or surveyor to validate all details as necessary and satisfy himself with the condition of the vessel and its equipment.