Searanger 12’ clinker sailing dinghy built by Fred Mitchell of Brightlingsea in 1962. The design was first conceived by Fred Mitchell in 1954 and the dinghy was adopted by the Gunfleet Sailing Club, Essex, as their One Design dinghy in 1961. There is still an active fleet in the area, both racing and pottering about.
Below is a link to a detailed history of the class:
This boat has been well cared for with a complete overhaul in the spring of 2023 with all new paint and varnish. In 2022 the boat was given new tan sails.
A capable little general purpose clinker dinghy in tidy condition
- Clinker planked in mahogany all copper rivet fastened to steam bent oak timbers.
- Small foredeck in marine plywood with bronze fairleads.
- Mahogany rubbing strake with a heavy rope fender.
- Varnished mahogany transom.
- Varnished mahogany thwarts and centreboard case. Galvanised centreplate.
- Mahogany drop plate rudder.
- Gunter rig on a varnished wooden spars.
- Stainless steel standing rigging tensioned with lanyards.
- Mainsail and jib in tan, both new in 2022.
- Road trailer
- All over mast up cover
- Pair of oars and rowlocks
- Anchor and chain
- Buoyancy bags
- Mainsail and jib
Wooden Ships classic yachts brokers have an extensive database of boats for sale. With a wide range of sailboats, classic yachts, motor yachts and small classic boats, Wooden Ships has one of the largest selections of traditional wooden boats and yachts for sale in the UK.
These particulars have been prepared in good faith from information provided by the Vendors and are intended as a guide, Wooden Ships cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. The Purchaser should instruct his agent or surveyor to validate all details as necessary and satisfy himself with the condition of the vessel and its equipment.