Wooden ships Comments on this Varnished Clinker Rowing Dinghy
Very pretty clinker rowing dinghy of unknown origins. Judging by her lines she was not built as a working boat, but possibly for a rowing hire boat fleet or similar use.
She is elegant with fine lines, although the bilges aft are quite full giving good buoyancy and therefore stopping the aft end digging in with passengers in the aft thwarts.
Rescued from a shipyard in Plymouth, she has been refitted and varnished recently. In the past she has had a couple of planks replaced but generally seems to be in good sound condition.
- Clinker planked in pine, all copper rivet fastened to steam bent oak timbers.
- Oak stem, keel and transom. Bronze keel band.
- Oak inwhales with a mahogany rubbing strake.
- Grown oak quarter knees and breast knee.
- Oak thwarts with oak hanging knees.
- Teak seat back to the aft thwart.
- Recently fitted slated pine sole boards.
- Pair of oars and rowlocks
- Slatted sole boards
- Aft thwart back rest
Wooden Ships classic yachts brokers have an extensive database of boats for sale. With a wide range of sailboats, classic yachts, motor yachts and small classic boats, Wooden Ships has one of the largest selections of traditional wooden boats and yachts for sale in the UK.
These particulars have been prepared in good faith from information provided by the Vendors and are intended as a guide, Wooden Ships cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. The Purchaser should instruct his agent or surveyor to validate all details as necessary and satisfy himself with the condition of the vessel and its equipment.