Wooden Ships Comments on this Tideway 14 Sailing Dinghy
Tideway 14 sailing dinghy built by Walkers of Leigh on Sea. Major refit in recent years with £7,000 spent on upgrades and improvements. Good quality road trailer plus an all over mast-up cover.
The Tideway is a good solid sailing dinghy, very capable but easy to sail. They can carry 4 adults with ease and are well known as good boats in the Dinghy Cruising world. This is a nice example of the class and very reasonably priced.
- Clinker planked in pine all copper rivet fastened to steam bent oak timbers.
- Oak stem and keel with mahogany transom.
- Oak gunwhales and rubbing strakes.
- Mahogany centreboard case with a painted steel centreplate, raised and lowered with a lifting arm.
- Mahogany thwarts with grown oak knees.
- Painted sole boards.
- Varnished wooden drop plate rudder.
- Gunter rig on a keel stepped mast in a tabernacle.
- Varnished pine mast, boom and gunter yard.
- Stainless steel standing rigging tensioned with lanyards.
- Tan terylene mainsail and jib.
- Running rigging falls to belay pins by the mast.
- Galvanised road trailer with new wheels, bearings and suspension units
- All over mast up cover
- Mainsail and jib
- All spars, running and standing rigging
- 4 x air buoyancy bags
- Slatted sole boards
- Rudder and tiller
- Long oars and rowlocks
- Manual bilge pump
Wooden Ships classic yachts brokers have an extensive database of boats for sale. With a wide range of sailboats, classic yachts, motor yachts and small classic boats, Wooden Ships has one of the largest selections of traditional wooden boats and yachts for sale in the UK.
These particulars have been prepared in good faith from information provided by the Vendors and are intended as a guide, Wooden Ships cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. The Purchaser should instruct his agent or surveyor to validate all details as necessary and satisfy himself with the condition of the vessel and its equipment.