Wooden Ships Comments on this 18′ Motor Launch
Built in Teignmouth in the early 1960’s by local shipwright Lenoard Matthews as part of the self drive hire fleet in Teignmouth in the summer months. In the off season she was used by local fisherman for crab and lobster potting, mackerel fishing and seine netting for sand eel. In 1972 she was sold to Dartmouth shipyard Philip & Son where she was used as a work boat until the yard closed in the late 1990’s. After falling into disrepair, she was purchased and refitted by a local shipwright Andy Thomas in 2003 and has been a fixture on the River Dart ever since as a private river launch.
During the refit the decks, gunwhales and sole were all renewed along with many new frames and plank repairs.
She is an excellent and safe boat, very stable and stiff due to her hull shape so is capable of carrying a good group of people without concern.
- Carvel planked in what is thought to be pine, all copper rivet fastened to steam bent oak timbers.
- Iroko gunwhales and capping rails with a heavy rope fender all round.
- Aft deck and foredeck in laid teak with payed seams.
- Scrubbed larch sole boards screwed to the beams.
- Slatted varnished iroko thwarts up forward.
- Plywood engine box with varnished iroko trim. Sound insulation within.
- Transom hung rudder with a varnished iroko tiller.
- Large quarter mooring bollards instead of cleats.
- Stainless steel fairleads and fittings.
- Beta Marine 14hp twin cylinder engine with approximately 200 hours.
- 3 blade bronze propeller.
- Large plastic fuel tank under the aft deck
- 110ah 12 volt battery charged from the engine alternator.
- Double axle road trailer
- Lowrance 3x fish finder
- All round white navigation light
- All over cover
- Mooring warps
- Auto electric bilge pump
- Manual bilge pump
Wooden Ships classic yachts brokers have an extensive database of boats for sale. With a wide range of sailboats, classic yachts, motor yachts and small classic boats, Wooden Ships has one of the largest selections of traditional wooden boats and yachts for sale in the UK.
These particulars have been prepared in good faith from information provided by the Vendors and are intended as a guide, Wooden Ships cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. The Purchaser should instruct his agent or surveyor to validate all details as necessary and satisfy himself with the condition of the vessel and its equipment.