Wooden Ships Comments on this Barrow Boat Sailing Pram Dinghy
8’ sailing pram dinghy built by the Barrow Boat Company, Norwich in 2003.
The Barrow Boats are so called because they have a small wheel at the boat and holes in the transom through which the oars are placed to create ‘wheelbarrow’ type handles enabling the boat to be wheeled around without a trolley.
This boat seems to have been used very little and is complete with rig and road trailer. A super light dinghy that would suit a multitude of uses.
The hull weighs just 52kg so is eay to get on a roof rack and move around. With the rig, oars ruder and dagger board, the whole set up is only 66kg.
- Clinker planked in marine plywood with epoxy glued lands.
- There are no internal frames and no metal fastenings.
- Varnished mahogany transoms and gunwhales. Rope fender all round.
- Solid varnished mahogany thwarts with supporting knees.
- Plywood dagger board and plywood drop plate rudder with stainless steel rudder fittings.
- Hull is finished with what is thought to be single pack varnish.
- Standing lug rig on varnished wooden mast, boom and lug yard.
- Tan terylene sail from Jeckells.
- Road trailer with spare wheel
- 2 x buoyancy bags
- Sail, spars and rigging
- Rudder and tiller
- Pair of oars
- Pair of bronze rowlocks
- Fixed bow wheel
- Anchor and warp
- 3 x lifejackets
Wooden Ships classic yachts brokers have an extensive database of boats for sale. With a wide range of sailboats, classic yachts, motor yachts and small classic boats, Wooden Ships has one of the largest selections of traditional wooden boats and yachts for sale in the UK.
These particulars have been prepared in good faith from information provided by the Vendors and are intended as a guide, Wooden Ships cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. The Purchaser should instruct his agent or surveyor to validate all details as necessary and satisfy himself with the condition of the vessel and its equipment.