Iain Oughtred Auk rowing dinghy recently built by the owner.
The Auk was designed by Oughtred as a practical yet pretty tender, capable of carrying significant loads but is still a delight to row. She can take a small outboard as well very comfortably.
This dinghy has not been used and was built as a rowing boat, however a mast step and dagger board case was built into the hull so she could be converted to a sailing dinghy if a future owner desired.
Very smart dinghy with cover and oars. Light enough to be carried on a car roof rack for easy transport.
- Clinker planked in marine plywood with epoxy glued lands for a light and stiff hull.
- Sapele used for the keel, stem and transom.
- Extra knee supporting the transom to take the loads of an outboard. Transom cut out to allow a small outboard to fit easily.
- Sapele floors across the centreline.
- Sapele inwhales and rubbing strakes and laminated sapele quarter and breast knees.
- Douglas fir thwarts trimmed in Sapele with laminated sapele knees.
- Douglas Fir slatted sole boards.
- Marine plywood dagger board case built into the hull if a future owner wished to add a rig. Mast step also built in for future use.
- Bronze folding rowlocks
- 2 part leathered oars
- Fitted cover
- Sole boards
Wooden Ships classic yachts brokers have an extensive database of boats for sale. With a wide range of sailboats, classic yachts, motor yachts and small classic boats, Wooden Ships has one of the largest selections of traditional wooden boats and yachts for sale in the UK.
These particulars have been prepared in good faith from information provided by the Vendors and are intended as a guide, Wooden Ships cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. The Purchaser should instruct his agent or surveyor to validate all details as necessary and satisfy himself with the condition of the vessel and its equipment.