Wooden Ships Comments on this Kittiwake 14 Yawl
Kittiwake 14 yawl built by Kittiwake boats in 1995.
The boat was built for TV presenter Alastair Dickenson and has been well cared for in the present ownership.
She had a professional refit in 2022 where she was completely re-varnished along with new running rigging.
She is complete with a brand new 2023 winter cover and good quality road trailer.
A lovely little boat ready for the summer
Length on Deck 14’3”
Length Overall 15’10”
Length Waterline 14’
Draft plate down 3’
Designed weight 320kg
- GRP simulated clinker hull with grey gelcoat.
- Transom finished in Awlgrip and underwater hull finished with Coppercoat, all professionally done in 2021.
- Varnished mahogany gunwhales with rowing positions in the gunwhales.
- Varnished mahogany thwarts and supporting knees.
- Strengthened transom with leathered pad to carry an outboard engine.
- Foredeck laid in iroko with a hatch in the top. Under the foredeck is a sealed buoyancy chamber.
- Watertight buoyancy chamber at the aft end as well.
- Scrubbed teak slatted sole boards.
- Galvanised centreplate in a mahogany centreboard case. Plate is raised and lowered with a block and tackle.
- Gaff yawl rig on varnished Canadian pine masts and spars.
- Stainless steel standing rigging.
- Gaff mainsail with Bermudan mizzen.
- Wykeham Martin roller furling on jib and flying jib.
- Mizzen, mainsail, staysail and jib in tan terylene. New cream flying jib.
- Tufnol blocks and Davey’s bronze cleats and fittings.
- Bronze belay pins for the halyard falls.
- R.M Trailers break back road trailer
- All over winter cover, new 2023
- Drop plate rudder and tiller
- Slatted sole boards
- Pair of 8’ oars with bronze rowlocks
- Manual bilge pump
- Grapnel anchor with warp and chain
- Mooring warps
- 4 x buoyancy bags
- Flying jib
- Wykeham Martin furling system x 2
Wooden Ships classic yachts brokers have an extensive database of boats for sale. With a wide range of sailboats, classic yachts, motor yachts and small classic boats, Wooden Ships has one of the largest selections of traditional wooden boats and yachts for sale in the UK.
These particulars have been prepared in good faith from information provided by the Vendors and are intended as a guide, Wooden Ships cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. The Purchaser should instruct his agent or surveyor to validate all details as necessary and satisfy himself with the condition of the vessel and its equipment.