Wooden Ships Comments on this Salcombe Yawl Y55
Salcombe Yawl Y55 built by Stones Boatyard in 1967.
Refitted and maintained by a local shipwright since 2015.
Good condition training sails and older full size sails. All over cover, and road trailer.
Nice original example, ideal family cruising dinghy or for some relaxed racing with the fleet.
- Clinker planked in mahogany all copper rivet fastened to steam bent oak timbers,
- Varnished mahogany sheer strake and rubbing strake.
- Marine plywood deck on pine deck beams.
- Varnished mahogany coamings.
- Solid mahogany centreboard case with a painted steel centre board. Raised and lowered with e reduction wheel.
- Bermudan yawl rig.
- Varnished spruce spars with stainless steel standing rigging to external stainless chain plates.
- Full size mainsail, jib and mizzen.
- Smaller size training sails from Rowsells in very good condition.
- Allen roller furling system on the jib.
- 4:1 mainsheet tackle with traveller.
- Pair of small snubbing winches for jib sheets.
- Road Trailer
- Al lover ‘masts up’ cover
- Summer cockpit cover
- Sole boards
- Rudder and tiller
- Full size mizzen, mainsail and jib
- Smaller mainsail and jib from Rowsells
- Outboard bracket on transom
- Spinnaker pole
- Lightboard for trailer
- Bronze manual bilge pump
- 3 x buoyancy bags
Wooden Ships classic yachts brokers have an extensive database of boats for sale. With a wide range of sailboats, classic yachts, motor yachts and small classic boats, Wooden Ships has one of the largest selections of traditional wooden boats and yachts for sale in the UK.
These particulars have been prepared in good faith from information provided by the Vendors and are intended as a guide, Wooden Ships cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. The Purchaser should instruct his agent or surveyor to validate all details as necessary and satisfy himself with the condition of the vessel and its equipment.