Wooden Ships Comments On This Iain Oughtred Auk Sailing Dinghy
Iain Oughtred Auk sailing dinghy built by the owner in 2022. West System epoxy glued hull with hardwood transom, centreline and gunwhales.
Fitted with a standing lug rig which easy to set up and handle.
The Auk was designed by Oughtred as a practical yet pretty tender, capable of carrying significant loads but is still a delight to row and sails nicely. She can take a small outboard as well very comfortably.
Due to the construction this boat is very light so is easy to move around or lift on an off a large yacht if she is to be a tender.
- Clinker planked in marine plywood with epoxy glued lands. West system Epoxy glue used.
- Oak stem and keel.
- Varnished iroko transom, rubbing strakes and inwhales with oak quarter knees and breast hook.
- Oak thwarts and hanging knees.
- Marine plywood dagger board case.
- Transom hung drop plate rudder with a laminated tiller.
- Standing lug rig on an unstayed varnished wooden mast with varnished wooden boom and lug yard.
- Tan terylene sail with a single reef point.
- Mainsheet comes to a rope horse across the transom.
- Combination road trailer and launching trolley
- Mast, spars and rigging
- Rudder, tiller and dagger board
- Buoyancy bags
- Handheld bilge pump
- Anchor with chain and warp
Wooden Ships classic yachts brokers have an extensive database of boats for sale. With a wide range of sailboats, classic yachts, motor yachts and small classic boats, Wooden Ships has one of the largest selections of traditional wooden boats and yachts for sale in the UK.
These particulars have been prepared in good faith from information provided by the Vendors and are intended as a guide, Wooden Ships cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. The Purchaser should instruct his agent or surveyor to validate all details as necessary and satisfy himself with the condition of the vessel and its equipment.