Wooden Ships Comments on this Varnished River Launch
Built in 1950 by Allday Austin, Guildford as a work vessel for the River Way Conservancy.
Major professional refit in last 3 years with extensive areas of new planking and lots of new oak timbers. Work carried out by a very experienced shipwright who has worked on the Thames for many years.
Now based on the Thames, she has a new Boat Safety Certificate and a 10 month River Thames licence included with the sale so should a new owner wish to continue using her on the Thames, she is absolutely ready for this summer.
The boat is complete with a very nice twin axle road trailer, cockpit cover, winter cover and all recent upholstery.
A very smart and attractive launch ready for the season ahead.
Length on Deck 19’4”
- Carvel planked in mahogany all copper rivet fastened to steam bent oak timbers.
- Varnished mahogany transom.
- Straight laid aft, fore and side decks in mahogany with a mahogany coaming all round the cockpit.
- Seating for 8 within the boat, all varnished joinery with smart new cushions.
- Small windscreen on the foredeck with chromed bronze fittings.
- All chromed bronze fairleads and cleats.
- Vetus 25hp 3cyl diesel installed new in 2015 Only 80 hours run time.
- Serviced 2023.
- Fresh water cooled diesel engine.
- Centreline fixed 3 blade propeller.
- 1 x 12 volt 95ah battery charged from the engine alternator.
- 25 litre fuel tank under the aft deck with a chrome deck filler.
- Wheel steering with a Teleflex cable to the rudder.
- De Graff twin axle road trailer
- Fitted cockpit cover
- All over winter storage boat cover
- Seat cushions
- Ensign and staff
- 2 x fire extinguishers
- Mooring warps
- Navigation lights
- Anchor and warp
- Engine spares
Wooden Ships classic yachts brokers have an extensive database of boats for sale. With a wide range of sailboats, classic yachts, motor yachts and small classic boats, Wooden Ships has one of the largest selections of traditional wooden boats and yachts for sale in the UK.
These particulars have been prepared in good faith from information provided by the Vendors and are intended as a guide, Wooden Ships cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. The Purchaser should instruct his agent or surveyor to validate all details as necessary and satisfy himself with the condition of the vessel and its equipment.